Typical DVD authoring involves the assembly and layout of the individual DVD elements, i.e., graphics, subtitles, menu pages, interactive functions and other customized options, encoding of the audio and video, and combination of separate elements into the final product. This makes an appealing, interactive DVD.
digitalTDS’s DVD Authoring service offers the same capture and compression process as Video-to-DVD transfer, and, in addition, offers you a custom-designed DVD master with interactive options and navigation features not available in a real time transfer from videotape to DVD.
- Chapter indexes
- On-screen navigation buttons
- Up to 15 client-specified chapter markers (video source time codes required)
- Up to two still menus with client-supplied artwork
- Up to two still menus with graphics created from captured video frame
- One motion menu, with video clip provided by client
- Option: our authoring dept. can also edit and prepare motion menu video clip. Call for more information
- Remote button-response programming
- Optional choice of region code or ‘all region’ setting.
- Creation of DVD-R master
Option: we can design your menus and button graphics with original art work.
(Note: still menus with audio accompaniment are considered motion menus)
Copy Protection Options
digitalTDS can add Macrovision* or CSS Encryption** to your custom DVD master. All copy protection features can be added as part of the DVD Authoring process.
* Macrovision copy protection on client DVD masters is subject to Macrovision’s license requirements. See http://www.Macrovision.com
Prices vary depending on the complexity of project. Contact us for a quote on your next DVD project.